Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (365 Views)
Accepted Solution

Processor upgrade for HP Pavilion dv7-6b32us

I have a

HP Pavilion DV7-6b32us, 

Mainboard : HP 1802
BIOS : HP F.1C 01/23/2013

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (4C 8T 2.8GHz/3.1GHz, 2.8GHz IMC, 4x 256kB L2, 6MB L3)
Socket/Slot : FC PGA988

Memory Controller : HP Core (Sandy Bridge) Mobile DRAM Controller 100MHz, 2x 8GB DDR3 SO-DIMM 1.33GHz 128-bit,

and would like to upgtradee the processor. I've been thinking about a Intel i7-3820qm and wondering if that would work or if there is a better choice? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Processor upgrade for HP Pavilion dv7-6b32us

Hi Sholling,

Welcome to the HP Community, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see that you have a question about upgrading your processor. On page 89 and 90 of the Maintenance and Service Guide you will find a list of compatible processors. The Intel i7-3820qm is not on the list but there are several processors on the list. You will also find instructions on replacing the processor.

Thank you,

View solution in context
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (339 Views)

Hi Sholling,

Welcome to the HP Community, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see that you have a question about upgrading your processor. On page 89 and 90 of the Maintenance and Service Guide you will find a list of compatible processors. The Intel i7-3820qm is not on the list but there are several processors on the list. You will also find instructions on replacing the processor.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (325 Views)

BHK6, thanks for the reply and the link to the HW maint and upgrade material. Solved my question and then some. You've been a great help.

sholling

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation