Question

Student
VishalJaiswal
Message 1 of 2 (186 Views)

Product Name - HP Pavilion g6-1200tu Notebook PC - damaged laptop case

I got my laptop case damaged in an accident - The clip which holds the laptop screen with the keyboard is broken from both the ends.
Laptop works fine but its inconvienient to use - 

Can someone suggest - How this can be fixed?
Can I get the case replaced or how can I get it fixed?

In wait for a quick responce.

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 2 (173 Views)

Re: Product Name - HP Pavilion g6-1200tu Notebook PC - damaged laptop case

I am having a hard time visualizing just what is broken. Does it have an actual clip/hook on the screen bezel that goes into a hole on the palmrest area? From what I am seeing the screen is held in place when the laptop is folded closed by magnets, not clips. Can you maybe post a picture? On laptops that do have the hook and clip assemblies the hook/clips are usually part of the screen bezel which is the frame around the screen.

This is your part:

637188-001

I am gathering you are in India since it appears your model was only sold there. I am not finding your part on ebay India. HP appears to be out of stock:

http://h20141.www2.hp.com/Hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=E1581048F5BB4117B8C1587D8223E27E&Searc...

I am not really clear on whether this is the part you need, anyway. Anything can be fixed if you are willing to spend enough time and money but we need to figure out just what is broken.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation