Question

Honor Student
rohit5576
Message 1 of 2 (93 Views)

RAM UPGRADING

I have HP 2000 2313 tu Laptop which have 2 GB RAM of ADATA. It is very slow. I want to solve this problem. Should I add another RAM of 2 GB into another slot and Completely changes it to 4 GB RAM. Also I am unabel to find another RAM of same frequency on online stores. Please explain better.

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 2 (72 Views)

Re: RAM UPGRADING

The laptop will accept up to 8 gb of memory. Here is the Manual:

Service Manual

See page 3. 

The type of memory is DDR3-1333 mhz SO-DIMM It can use DDR3-1600 but it will downclock to 1333 mhz.

What does the ADATA that is in it say? You want to get memory as close to what you have as possible so it runs in dual channel mode which is slightly faster. An upgrade from 2 gigs to 4 should be very noticeable,

You may even want to just buy 2 modules you know are the same if you cannot match the memory you already have.

This 2 x 2 gig kit will work for you:

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/hp-2000-2326tu/CT5122789

Crucial will also sell you just one of these modules, which will work but may not run in dual channel mode with the existing memory.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation