Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello,

I recently bought a Pavilion g6-2006sq and i want to upgade the RAM.

I want to know what type of ram can i use . What is the maximum size  and what speed.

I want to install 4gb kingston value ram 204 pin 1333mhz part  product number KVR1333D3S9/4G  and want to know if it's compatible  

Also i was thinking about KHX1600C9S3P1K2/8G and wanted to know if they are worth it when comparing the performance of the instaled memory and KVR1333D3S9/4G versus KHX1600C9S3P1K2/8G

Thank you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03233548.pdf

Supported memory info can be found in chapter 1 on page 1.

Max RAM is 2 x 4 GB of PC3-1333 (PC3-10600).  You can install PC3-12800, but as you see from the manual it will only run at 1333 MHz as that is the max speed of any of the processors installed.

A single 8 GB chip will not work, let alone two.

Paul

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03233548.pdf

Supported memory info can be found in chapter 1 on page 1.

Max RAM is 2 x 4 GB of PC3-1333 (PC3-10600).  You can install PC3-12800, but as you see from the manual it will only run at 1333 MHz as that is the max speed of any of the processors installed.

A single 8 GB chip will not work, let alone two.

Paul

HP Recommended

Thank you for pointing me to the supported ram types .

So i will buy the kingston 4gb ddr3 133mhz dim since there's no 1600mhz support and ( as far as i know ) dual chanel in real life situations hold no real advantage .

Thanks again !

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hello again,

I upgraded my processor to a intel i3 2350m

I also ran SysoftSandra and it tells me that maximum RAM supported now is 32 GB. Is this accurate ?

Can i exceed the 8gb limit ?

Thank you !

ALex

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.