Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ok as i promised im doing a post as i changed ralink card to the intel centrino wireless N-2230.

And yes im able to get up to 300Mbps connection and it gives me more then 120Mbps speed with all signal interfere from around. So I advise to skip Ralink card and to get the one i got form ebay just for 12 euro.

HP Recommended

My dear friends. This ralink card is low end and low performance device. Its a single channel Max up to 72Mbps connection, and the best speed (real speed) you can get is Max up to 40Mbps. If you have a 300mbps router it does not mean you will have that speed. It belong to that wireless adapter you have on your PC and how  your wireless signal is interfered by other device signals,walls ,pipes ( even microvawe then its on nearly kills your wireless connectivity). Even if you have 300Mbps router and 300Mbps adapter only theoretically you can get such a speed, practically mostly its impossible.
Guys stop blaming ralink card , its a cheap **bleep** hardware just get the better one.

HP Recommended

Where can i downloan the latest Ralink adaptors?

do they have a website?

thanks!

HP Recommended

@AxshunJaxun wrote:

So reseating the card and reinstalling drivers solved the problem.

Well done! Glad you got it fixed.

HP Recommended

@AxshunJaxun wrote:

So reseating the card and reinstalling drivers solved the problem.

Well done! Glad you got it fixed.

Works for me too.  I have spent days on this problem - would not connect to wi-fi.

Thank you very much

HP Recommended

i dont believe that somebody got fixed ralink card connectivity issues and is happy the one that really fixes all problems is changing this card to intel wifi card

HP Recommended

@andriuskarpas wrote:

Ok as i promised im doing a post as i changed ralink card to the intel centrino wireless N-2230.

And yes im able to get up to 300Mbps connection and it gives me more then 120Mbps speed with all signal interfere from around. So I advise to skip Ralink card and to get the one i got form ebay just for 12 euro.

I am interested in your reply but this puts me off: http://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=1488080 .  It is not the same as your remarks and recommendadtions.

HP Recommended

Bill intel centrino N2230 wireless card worls 100 times better then ralink one. Get it and make yourself happy with your wireless connection.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have also deleted the  Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter software on my laptop - please could you help to get it back as I can not use the wifi on my laptop. 

thanks 

Charl

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.