Question
Student
Message 1 of 2 (126 Views)
Accepted Solution

Ram upgrade DV6-7180se

Hello,

I was not able to find any information about which RAM modules are working for my DV6-7180se in order to upgrade from 6GB (already installed) to 8GB or 16GB.

I would be happy if anybody could tell me which kind of RAM module is necessary and working. I think 1x4GB and 1x2GB is currently inside the laptop.

Thanks, Andreas

Accepted Solution

Re: Ram upgrade DV6-7180se

Your notebook supports up to 16GB

photo memoryupgrade_zpsaec4da00.png

You might consider using CPU-Z to find the specs for the installed 4GB memory module. You will have to replace both modules to upgrade to 8GB as mixing module brands\and module types is know to produce nasty no start issues.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (123 Views)

Re: Ram upgrade DV6-7180se

[ Edited ]

Your notebook supports up to 16GB

photo memoryupgrade_zpsaec4da00.png

You might consider using CPU-Z to find the specs for the installed 4GB memory module. You will have to replace both modules to upgrade to 8GB as mixing module brands\and module types is know to produce nasty no start issues.

****Please click on Accept As Solution if a suggestion solves your problem or answers your question. Pay it forward.This will other people facing the same problem to find a solution easily****

2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation