Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi I'm currently the owner of a HP G62 B25sa and I was wondering if it would be possible for me to upgrade my ram from the 4gb supplied to 8gb I would purchase from amazon. Within the specifications it says that I has a 4gb limit but I'm not sure if this applies to the capacity per stick or the total ram. Here are the pages about my laptop and the ram I am looking to purchase; any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for looking!!!!

Product specs: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02550752

Ram link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0031GK3OI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_g147_i4?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, the 8 GB set you posted should work just fine, but it will only run at 1066 MHz per the service manual.

Paul

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

The service manual states you can upgrade to 8 GB of memory.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02542102.pdf

Your notebook I believe, comes installed with one 4 GB chip, so you should only need to purchase another 4 GB PC3-10600 module.

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the response 🙂

My laptop currently has 2x2gb sticks of ram so if I was to purchase the 2x4gb of ram off the amazon link I provided would that be adequate.

Thanks for all the help!!

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, the 8 GB set you posted should work just fine, but it will only run at 1066 MHz per the service manual.

Paul

HP Recommended
Thank you so much!!!!!
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

See my edited post. The memory will only run at 1066 MHz, not 1333 MHz.

Paul

HP Recommended

Yeah I assumed that because I used AIDA64 to see the speed of the ram/type 🙂

I've just ordered the ram; can't wait!

Thank you so much! :generic:

HP Recommended

You're most welcome.

I'm sure you will notice a nice boost in performance with 8 GB of memory.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Just wondering if you managed to get this working? I got some RAM with the same specs from Ebay here here

I have installed the RAM and although I have a 64bit OS installed it will only see 4gb, also in BIOS it will only see 4gb 😞

Any advise?

HP Recommended

Hello BigG_UK,

You want to know about upgraded memory on your computer.

What is the model and product number on your computer?

You can find the information by hold the FN key and pressing the ESC key.

Please respond at your earlier convenience.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.