Reinstalled Windows 7 home from Windows 8 now touch screen keeps droping (not working) (74 Views)
Tutor
4stans1
Message 1 of 2 (74 Views)

Reinstalled Windows 7 home from Windows 8 now touch screen keeps droping (not working)

Had to reload windows 7 home on my TM2 2151nr.  Touch screen worked but had to install updates to get the wireless to work. After updates installed touch screen and wireless worked. Got up this am and now the touch screen is no longer working.  Check and no other update had been installed had the update option turned off after both the wireless and touch had been working. 

I have been trying to get the touchscreen to continue to work after having to install updates for the wireless updates.  Reloaded windows not 3 times, but each time the touchscreen function stops working.

What next?

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 2 (63 Views)

Re: Reinstalled Windows 7 home from Windows 8 now touch screen keeps droping (not working)

Here are the factory specs for your HP TouchSmart tm2-2151nr Notebook Computer.According to the specs, this model shipped from the factory with Windows bit installed and a means to create your own set of "HP Recovery Discs". Provided you created these discs and used them to return the computer to a "factory like state", all drivers and software should be automatically installed.

If, however, you are using a standard Windows 7 installation disc, you will need to load all drivers yourself. Most HP provides drivers for this model should be located on the HP TouchSmart tm2-2151nr Notebook PC Drivers page. If you are unable to locate some drivers please post the Windows Device Manager's "Hardware Ids" for any missing or unknown devices as shown in the example below;

device manager.png

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation