Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
chris its in task manager just hit control alt delete. You will like the new windows8 version. Its cooler in my opinion
HP Recommended
Thanks hooraybear, but what I don't understand is how can the laptop use 5+gb of RAM when it only has 4gb??

With an SSD, isn't the swap file turned off so the OS only uses physical ram, not the hdd swap file?
Thus it is impossible for the laptop to use 5+gb ram, with only 4GB installed.
HP Recommended
Chris before going into thought overdrive and asking folks to spend more of their time explaining---read carefully. My desktop was using 5.3gb, not my laptop.
HP Recommended

Chris the pc we bought runs about 3gb of the ram with three or four tabs all running hd videos.  The i5 really helps everything run smooth.  Just wish the sdd could be upgraded

HP Recommended

After much research, the BB G110 DX cannot be upgraded neither a hard drive or bigger memory will "fit".  I ordered the cable assy and a hard drive and there is no place to plug in the disk cable under the HDMI board.  If anyone has any suggestions, please advise.

HP Recommended

Thanks johna2, When you said 'Desktop', I was thinking you meant the 'Windows Desktop' on the laptop.

Not a separate computer.  My apologies.

I read it correct, just mis-interpreted it.

HP Recommended

Macboat, after taking this G110DX apart several times, I cannot see any edge connector or any other connector for that matter that would allow the cable to connect as well as the 5mm disk.  It looks like a 128g SD card might be the only solution to more memory for the keyboard base unit.  I can't believe BB had this PC customized so much. 

HP Recommended
Trekker best buy didn't customize this pc they just bought the basic hp split x2 ultrabook model from hp. The edge connector is on the optional hard drive. Did you buy the 500GB 5400rpm hard drive with sff8487? If so get the hardware kit that hp sells. Of all the things hp screwed up with this model, if you buy the right hard drive it will fit in the base
HP Recommended

My point was that there is no connector to plug the drive cable into on the HDMI board. I realize how the cable connects to hard drive.  Also, I bought the SATA cable for the 7mm 500 GB drive.  This won't work since there is no where in the HDMI board to plug that cable into as this HDMI board is completely different.  Bottom line is neither the 5mm drive with special cable or the 7mm drive with SATA will work on this special model.  I confirmed with HP.

HP Recommended

Hi Trekker,

Just in case you haven't yet seen it, the Maintenance and Service Guide for model 13-g110dx purchased from Best Buy (according to HP's support site) is here: 

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03957651.pdf

It indicates where to connect the HDD cable, among other things.  Using the SATA cable for a 7mm HDD will not work on this model.  The Hard Drive Hardware Kit, spare part number 736884-001, must be used according to the manual.  This provides the following parts: The hard drive bracket, hard drive connector cable, and screws.

I have the Hard Drive Hardware Kit.  Its hard drive connector cable I believe works with only one model, the Western Digital WD Blue UltraSlim 500GB (model WD5000MPCK).  The HP part number is 737957-005.  This is for the 500-GB, 5400-rpm, SATA, 5.0-mm hard drive, the key being the 5mm drive height.  Also, instead of using the traditional, standard full-size SATA connector (that you very most likely have as your HDD cable), the Western Digital drive uses a smaller SFF-8784 edge card connector.

Therefore, even if you could find where to connect the HDD cable to the board, I think you have neither the correct cable nor drive.

Here's a pic from the manual about where the HDD resides, with admittedly limited info on where to connect the cable:

http___h10032.www1.hp.jpg

Finally, I'm confused regarding HP Tech Support telling you the HDD could not be added.  The manual for this model indicates it can; the HP Parts reps and HP parts tracker site indicates it can; and the HP online retail site allows a customer to add the 500 gb HDD to the g-model.

I may very well have misinterpreted your posting.  Please point out where I've gone astray so I might better undertand the options for this model.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.