TouchSmart tx2-1370us HUGE issues with new battery PLEASE HELP I AM DESPERATE!!!!! (299 Views)
Honor Student
wolvernight
Message 1 of 3 (299 Views)

TouchSmart tx2-1370us HUGE issues with new battery PLEASE HELP I AM DESPERATE!!!!!

I purchased a new battery for my laptop. I got a LHP-41XT which is supposed to last longer... the following issues I initially thought were because I got a defective battery but I replaced it for another one and they are still happening:

Battery is fully charged. When power cord is disconnected after a random amount of time the computer just dies while the charge does not even get down to 80%. The computer does not even go into the shut down process, it just completely dies.

When trying to turn on the computer with battery it starts to boot up and after a few seconds it completely shuts off. After that no matter how many times I press the bottom to turn it on it just wont even try to turn on. I have to turn it on with the cord. 

To try to remediate the problem I have tried and failed the following:

-  Get a new battery of the same model in case the problem was the battery

-  Calibrate the battery using every single option there is (changing power profile to "Calibrate," letting the computer discharge completly without using it, letting the computer discharge completly using it, letting the computer discharge completly without using it in while in safe mode) but the computer just keeps on dying.

-  Change all the power settings so the computer does not hibernate, go into shut down, or does anything when the power levels go down.

-  Erase completely the battery drives so the computer does not try to detect the battery charge.

-  Upgraded the computer bios to the latest version

-  Replaced BIOS battery

Please someone help me I do not know what else to do and I don't want to keep wasting money to try stuff that does not work...

Student
Dancecorp
Message 2 of 3 (176 Views)

Re: TouchSmart tx2-1370us HUGE issues with new battery PLEASE HELP I AM DESPERATE!!!!!

Did you ever figure this out? I have the exact same issue with my touchsmart tx2 1250-dx
Honor Student
wolvernight
Message 3 of 3 (164 Views)

Re: TouchSmart tx2-1370us HUGE issues with new battery PLEASE HELP I AM DESPERATE!!!!!

No I haven't and HP seems not to care about the problem so guess what. No more HP's for me anymore....
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation