Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Flyer Red 15.6" 15-R132WM L
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Well all I do on my computer is Skype and minecraft and on minecraft I get around 10-19 FPS nothing else I reset it and reinstalled windows nothing has worked so I'm wondering if there is a way to upgrade it cause my computer has hardly nothing on it
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here's the problem. The processor is an N3540 Pentium also known as a "Bay Trail" processor. These are lower end processors that are designed to be inexpensive. They are much less powerful than "normal" Intel processors like an i3 or i5. And then the motherboards are made all as one piece so there is no way to upgrade the processor. You could likely upgrade to 8 gigs of RAM but that is not really going to help the gaming performance much. So consider the laptop probably cost $300 or less and you can do Skype and email and internet. It is faster than a tablet, just not upgradeable in any meaningful way. They do run cool and have very good battery life.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here's the problem. The processor is an N3540 Pentium also known as a "Bay Trail" processor. These are lower end processors that are designed to be inexpensive. They are much less powerful than "normal" Intel processors like an i3 or i5. And then the motherboards are made all as one piece so there is no way to upgrade the processor. You could likely upgrade to 8 gigs of RAM but that is not really going to help the gaming performance much. So consider the laptop probably cost $300 or less and you can do Skype and email and internet. It is faster than a tablet, just not upgradeable in any meaningful way. They do run cool and have very good battery life.

HP Recommended
Thanks
HP Recommended

I would lik to see inside of my 

HP Notebook - 15-r132wm

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.