Question

Top Student
thirtyseven10
Message 1 of 6 (11,957 Views)
Accepted Solution

Upgrade laptop processor

I would like to know if i can upgrade the processor in my HP Laptop?

I have a Compaq Presario CQ60-615DX with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit installed.

If it is possible, can you tell me which processors are compatible and a basic idea of how the change out is completed (If possible).

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

PC

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. .....
Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 6 (11,952 Views)

Re: Upgrade laptop processor

Hi,

Not like desktop, nearly all laptops have CPU soldred to the motherboard. Changing CPU means changing the motherboard or the whole machine. On another hand, you won't gain much if only CPU. You need more RAM, new video card ....

Buy a new machine is much cheaper.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
thirtyseven10
Message 3 of 6 (11,951 Views)

Thank you for your reply, i assumed as much but i thought it would be worth checking.

Regards,

PC

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. .....
Top Student
jdross
Message 4 of 6 (11,910 Views)

At this time  it's much easier to change / upgrade CPU in any laptop than it was when CPU was soldered to mo.bo. Here is an example of it ...-:smileywink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0HuExqBZrg

Student
xDamirx
Message 5 of 6 (3,331 Views)

hi i have a mobile workstation EliteBook 8530w with a Quadro Nvidia graphics card and a Centrino 2 vPro and i was wondering if it was possible to change my processor from what it is to a i5 or i7? if possible, how much would it cost?

Teacher
Chrizzy2013
Message 6 of 6 (3,288 Views)

Hello xDamirx,

Here is the link to your support page, You really should be in the commercial support forum so here is the link to access that.

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say “thanks” for helping!
Please mark a reply “Accept as Solution” if it solved your issue so others can find it.
I work on behalf of HP.

Chrizzy
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation