Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
So does the board come with the ati mobility Radeon HD chip or would I have to purchase that seperatly?

About the i7-920xm, there isn't a board on that list that supports 55w is there?

Thank you again!
HP Recommended

@PhoenixJynx wrote:
So does the board come with the ati mobility Radeon HD chip or would I have to purchase that seperatly?

About the i7-920xm, there isn't a board on that list that supports 55w is there?

Thank you again!

Yes, the Radeon is a part of the motherboard and can't be replaced. No, there is not a compatible board but it's a quad core and the socket is also compatible. I was planning a little experiment. The thing is that "Computer Upgrade Kings" seller sells Dv6-7000 with Core i7-3920XM but there is not a motherboard for 55W processors so they have to use the board for 45W cpus I guess.

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended
Is that what they call "Overclocking"?

Thank you, I will look into it, and check prices etc! 🙂

Thank yoi
HP Recommended

@PhoenixJynx wrote:
Is that what they call "Overclocking"?

Thank you, I will look into it, and check prices etc! 🙂

Thank yoi

Overclocking is getting more speed from your current CPU. This looks like they put a real Core i7-3920XM into the laptop. For overclocking you have to unlock the clock multiplier( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPU_multiplier) or buy a qualification/engineering sample as they have the clock multiplier unlocked mostly by default. I have got a QS Core i7-2840QM.:)

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.