Upgrading CPU for HP Pavilion dm1 Notebook PC (1716 Views)
Student
Duke2704
Message 1 of 2 (1,716 Views)

Upgrading CPU for HP Pavilion dm1 Notebook PC

Hello,
I tried to search the cpu upgrade information by following the instructions the website gave me. And I got lost since there's no cpu upgrade information link. I tried to search my motherboard's specification for upgrading the cpu, but I'm totally out of idea how. So, here's the informations about my laptop. Is it possible for me to upgrade my cpu? If so, what kind of CPU would you recommend? thank you.

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
System model : HP pavilion dm1 Notebook PC (HP Pavilion dm1-3206au Entertainment )
BIOS : InsydeH20 version CCB.03.60.43F.12

Processor : AMD E-350 (2CPUs) 1.6 Ghz

RAM : 6GB

So, I wonder what kind of CPU match for my computer's specifications. If there's anything else you need, let me know. Thanks.

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 2 (1,670 Views)

Re: Upgrading CPU for HP Pavilion dm1 Notebook PC

Hi,
I'm afraid that there is only one supported processor for the laptop. The E-350 one. I have got a DM1 maintenance and service guide and according to this there no other processors except the E-350..
Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation