Question

Top Student
Ronit7
Message 1 of 5 (121 Views)

Upgrading to backlit keyboard

[ Edited ]

I have hp pavilion dv6 6140 tx (Product no-QC339PA#ACJ). Does HP provide the facility to upgrade my keyboard to backlit keyboard ? If not, how can i do so?

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (113 Views)

Re: Upgrading to backlit keyboard

Hi,

The keyboard alone won't light. The mother board on your machine does not have ports for the lights. Much better to buy a new machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Aloknm
Message 3 of 5 (110 Views)

Haha, i just bought this a month back. In dubai you are stuck with whatever they give and the HP website only allows you to customise what you order in US. And the only laptops with backlighting are expensive envy's.

Just wondering if i could swap this out. 

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 4 of 5 (100 Views)

Aloknm wrote:

Haha, i just bought this a month back. In dubai you are stuck with whatever they give and the HP website only allows you to customise what you order in US. And the only laptops with backlighting are expensive envy's.

Just wondering if i could swap this out. 

Hmm, Dv6-6000 series are over two years old and perhaps even more. You have to get a DV6-7000 series laptop with Intel processor (AMD Dv6-7000 series laptops don't have the slot for the secondary cable) to have a backlit keyboard. Dv6-7000 is also an Envy series but with Ivy Bridge processors shouldn't be much expensive. 

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Honor Student
Aloknm
Message 5 of 5 (75 Views)

OMG, I posted the same question for my laptop HP Pavillion 15, the new one and i saw this and thought it was my thread. :smileyvery-happy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation