Question

Honor Student
gvpavan2007
Message 1 of 3 (3,317 Views)

Warning: no webcam detected. try plugging in a webcam into your computer now.

HP Pavilion g6-1240sa

Cyberlink Youcam 3.5

Genuine windows 7 home premium (64-bit) 

i am purchased this laptop on boxing day 26th Dec2011, facing webcam problem. 

Warning: no webcam detected. try plugging in a webcam into your computer now. if you are using an intefrated camera, make sure that is turned on.

the Device Manager does not recognize the existence of the webcam after the scan also.

Even i contacted CyberLink online Support , please find the below response.

(** Customer Support Response 2012/01/08 01:49 

Dear Pavan,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink online Support.

I understand your concern related with YouCam and unable to detect webcam.

I would like to inform you that, you are using OEM customize version of YouCam Hp. I would request you to

please contact Hp to resolve the issue.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink

Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav
CyberLink Technical Support **) 

Kindly can you please help me. 

Regards,

Pavan 

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 3 (3,293 Views)

Re: Warning: no webcam detected. try plugging in a webcam into your computer now.

This is a common problem on many laptops, not just HP ones. I guess that the device BIOS might be bugged and cause troubles but that is just my guess. I haven't seen any solution for this except restoring the computer to a previous working condition but if the computer is a new one and the webcam hasn't worked at all, it may not work ever at all.

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
Testing - HP 15-p000
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Honor Student
gvpavan2007
Message 3 of 3 (3,292 Views)

Re: Warning: no webcam detected. try plugging in a webcam into your computer now.

Hi,

Can i have any solution for this problem.

Regards,

Pavan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation