Question

Honor Student
men_roshan
Message 1 of 2 (65 Views)

battery issues hp 630

Dear all,

My hp 630 laptop battery has conked off. It has not been charging for the last 3 months. However, laptop was working if the battery was plugged in.

However, since the last 1 week the moment i unplug the cord, the laptop shuts down.

My local engineer has suggested to replace battery and has suggested a local compatible battery worth Rs. 2000.00 with 1 year warranty.

He has informed us that hp battery is also available for Rs. 4000.00 with 1 year warranty.

Kindly confirm if the hp battery cost is correct and if the other compatible cheaper battery can be used or not(without deteriorating my laptop).

Kindly guide what should be done.

regards

roshan

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 2 (53 Views)

Re: battery issues hp 630

Those prices seem correct. Whether to use a "compatible" non-official HP battery is a matter of preference. On older laptops it generally makes sense out of cost concern. There is no worry that hardware will be damaged by the non-official battery. You may get annoying pop up messages. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation