Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP-4000au comes with a pre-installed OS, Windows 7 Starter.

I assumed that problem occurs because of my OS, so I upgrade it to Windows 7 Ultimate.

Still problem occurs...

(To HP, You are doing nothing! WE NEED A RESPONSE! What is the purpose of this SUPPORT FORUM if WE are not having any SUPPORT or RESPONSE in this problem.)

HP Recommended

Hmm it says it's a customer-to-customer support forum so I don't think HP read it...

Today I submited a support case and I suggest you all do the same https://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/scm/home/

In the case desription link to this forum thread so they'll know it's not individual case...

HP Recommended
Did anyone manage to get it repaired under warranty?

HP Recommended

those are exactly what my HP Pavilion dm1 4000au's problems and still no solution to the problem, i just purchased this notebook about 2 mos. ago and the problems started occuring a week after my first startup

HP Recommended

so, i'm not the only one. i bought my dm1-4000au 3 days ago, and begin experiencing this problem on the second day. i'm not sure whether hp read this thread or not. i think i will make a case report to HP.

hmmm.... such a shame. a great netbook with an annoying bug.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion dm1-4125ea model, and have similar problems under both Windows 7 or Ubuntu 12.04. Even when not using an programs (and therefore not having much CPU load), after a while of being turned on, the keyboard/touchpad stop responding. The computer itself does not crash, as I can plug in a USB mouse, and everything works. I have to restart the laptop to get the touchpad/keyboard working again. However, it's only a few minutes before the whole thing happens again.

This used to happen once a day perhaps, but now it happens every half hour. At this point the laptop is just plain useless. I've only had it since May 2012. So it's only been at me for 2 months!

This seems to be a common problem with various DM1 models. But there seems to be no fix. What should I do? 

HP Recommended

I think these problems may be the dust buildup in the system?

HP Recommended
Nah, it's almost brand new, and clean as well. It seems to be a hardware issue. I can also correlate a heat buildup on the left when the keyboard/trackpad stop working.

Seems to be some USB Bridge issue........
HP Recommended
Guys, I sent me notebook to the service center in Pakistan(where it was bought originally). They replaced the motherboard.

Now the notebook is not hanging at all. But they have created another problem. I am not able to see the notebook serial number, product number and the model number. It all shows as zero.

So I called the local service senter in Dubai and they told me that after every motherboard replacement the service centre should do a process called tattoo. They sis the tattoo and now I can see the numbers in the bios.

But when I open HP website or the HP assistant software on my notebook they are both unable to detect my device properly. Because of this my recovery partition is not functioning and I cannot get all the drivers from HP website. Some devices are still showing as "Unknown Device" on device manager.

I contacted HP over the phone and they advised me to visit a different service centre!?!?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information. I'll try a few more software-based things, after that, I'll call the store for a repair. Such a common fault on this DM1 product line.....they really should get things sorted out!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.