Question

Student
lnuyo
Message 1 of 3 (406 Views)

hp laptop is not turning on

i have my hp630 laptop. when i turned it on yesterday evening there was a message showing on the right bottom corner of the screen that ur system dont have genuine windows then i formatted my lappy and after that it asked me to restart bt when i restarted it had not turned on. i want to know how i can turn it on again................does it happen due to overheating?

akash singh
Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (399 Views)

Re: hp laptop is not turning on

Try a hard reset as follows:

Remove the battery and unplug the DC power adapter.
press and hold the power button for more than fifteen seconds.
plug in the DC power adapter (leave the battery out for now)
press the power button

If it starts up then it is time to either put the Recovery disc #1 in the DVD drive or recover from the Recovery manager.

What do you mean by ÿou "formatted your lappy?"

Did you actually completely format your hard disk or did you perform a Recovery? If you did, then I hope you have a Recovery media disc set made. Otherwise you will need to purchase a set from HP.

You should have just called Microsoft and given them the license key alphanumerics that are in the Microsoft Windows sticker on your notebook. That certainly would have been the easy way to do this.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
NewbieMini
Message 3 of 3 (357 Views)

Re: hp laptop is not turning on

My HP Mini 210-2145DX with Window 7 Starter is just 4 months old. Till a month back, it was working perfectly fine. But due to time constraints, I could not use it for the past month. This morning when I thought of using it once again and switched it on, the Windows settings did not automatically upload. The screen remained black, so I thought that the battery must have been drained out. I promptly started charging, and after about an hour it started and I could access my files. After finishing my work I logged off, and made sure that it was 100% charged.

This evening when I attempted to switch it on a second time, it once again did not automatically upload. Since then, it’s been more than three hours and there have been no changes on the black screen except for the cursor. I don’t even know how to switch it off since the button is not working. Meanwhile the netbook is heating up, and I’m at my wit’s end. Please help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation