Question

Top Student
DerMike
Message 1 of 3 (145 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp mini 700el ssd?

Hi there!

I have an Compaq mini 700el and I want to upgrade it with an 64 GB ssd new.

The problem:

The bios don't see anymore the new SSD hardware. I've tried to change the Ide mode to compatible... ... but anycase don't work. :smileysad::smileysad:

What should I do?

Thank you,

MikeQ mini 700el label

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 3 (135 Views)

Re: hp mini 700el ssd?

DerMike wrote:

Hi there!

I have an Compaq mini 700el and I want to upgrade it with an 64 GB ssd new.

The problem:

The bios don't see anymore the new SSD hardware. I've tried to change the Ide mode to compatible... ... but anycase don't work. :smileysad::smileysad:

What should I do?

Thank you,

MikeQ mini 700el label

Hi Mike,

I'm afraid that the laptop is too old to be compatible with a solid drive. I have used a Sandisk SSD in a Mini 210 and worked fine out of the box. That Mini 700 has pretty poor specs these days so get some Mini 210 and put the solid drive in it. It's not expensive as you can buy a decent Mini 210 for less than £80 and we have got pretty high prices in the UK.

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Top Student
DerMike
Message 3 of 3 (130 Views)

Re: hp mini 700el ssd?

:smileysad: :smileysad: but thank you very much for your promptly answer.

Have a nice day,

Mike.

PS - thx a lot *George* for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation