Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have done some reasearch and realize that the hp pro 3400 mt has some  compatibility issues with the gtx 7xx series and  amd r9/r7 series cards I want to ask a few questions in hope that i can find a solution for upgrading for both myself and other hp pro 3400 mt users.

1. does anybody know any CONFIMED mid to high range video cards that work in this model?

2. does anybody know if the hp mobo is a rebranded mobo by foxxconn or some other company  that could have an identical board to update the bios. (hp stops at rev 7.xx)

3. does anyone know the particular reason that these cards have compatibility issues? (why  or why not supported)

that way perhaps someone could look for cards that have a particular "feature", "instructions set", "version", or "component" that is compatible.

4. Are there any work arounds that i may have not come across?

If you have answers to any of these questions of found similar solutions with another model, plz state that as well. Thankyou.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Would disabling secure boot and enable legacy mode solve this problem?
HP Recommended

Hello @blueshift,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how you are experiencing issues upgrading the GPU on your notebook computer, and I would be happy to guide you towards a resolution!

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure, I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums, since this is a commercial product. You can do this at:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-HP-ProBook-EliteBook/bd-p/bsc-274

I hope this helps!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
This isn't a notebook it is the "Hp pro 3400 microtower pc"
HP Recommended

Hello again blueshift,

I apologise for the incorrect hyperlink!

The correct one can be found below for your microtower pc:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Compaq-Elite-Pro/bd-p/bsc-271#.VClkn_lSj0w

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I would also like to know a confirmed successful equivalent tech GFX card that confirmed works with a HP PRO 3400 MT.

I ahve uprated the PSU to 600W, but needa  GFX card that certainly works...

I have a GTX 750 ti which I just bought but it doesnt really work properly..... Some major boot up problems, but seems to work OK once going!

HP Recommended

It will work GTX650. I fitted the ASUS version will the low power requirement marked withe suffix  "e", works great with the existing power supply. (Like you i tried the GTX 750 without success.)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.