is it possible to change the video card of a pavilion g7-1075dx? (691 Views)
Honor Student
blaster75
Message 1 of 2 (691 Views)

is it possible to change the video card of a pavilion g7-1075dx?

[ Edited ]

So, I have an HP Pavilion g7-1075dx Notebook with Windows 7. I'm an avid gamer and wish to play the newest games. However, there's one problem thats keeping me from doing so. Alot of the newer games require newer video/graphics cards. This particular laptop has an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250. The newest games seem to require ATI Radeon HD 4850 and above. This is the only thing thats keeping me from playing games like Starcraft II on the highest settings OR in the case of Star Wars: The Old Republic, it almost keeps me from playing the game, period, due to the graphics being too much for my current card to handle, causing massive lag. I was hoping I could change the video card. Upgrade. However, i've heard that with most laptops or notebooks you can't upgrade anything other than the RAM. I'm hoping anyone on here can help me out and tell me if it is possible to get a new video card for my laptop. We don't have a desktop computer so this laptop is my only hope for a long time to play newer PC games.

Honor Student
blaster75
Message 2 of 2 (674 Views)

Re: is it possible to change the video card of a pavilion g7-1075dx?

Alright, let me put this in a simpler message: Does anyone know if it is possible to change the video card currently in my laptop, the HP Pavilion g7-1075dx, for a newer and better one. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 to ATI Radeon HD 4850 or higher.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation