Question

Top Student
amer_sayegh
Message 1 of 25 (536 Views)
Accepted Solution

left hinge is broken

hello HP community,

my hp ultrabook model is :HP ENVY Sleekbook 6-1080ex

The left hinge has broken a few days ago and I checked  my warranty status and it is  expired. Can a regualr computer shop  repair my ultrabook or I should repair it in one of HP's shops ?

Another issue I have noticed since I've had this model ,

1) it freezes a lot and the same thing kept happenning when I upgraded to windows 8.

2)Moreover  the device gots very very hot when doing regualr activites like browsing internet and chekcing emails.  And I'm using a cooling pad all the time for this reason.

This is my second expericne with HP laptobs and most of my family member own HP laptobs as well and they face the same problems of heat and freezing.. I'm thinking to switch to another company if HP keeps ignoring the heat and glitching issues in its designs.

Thank you

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 2 of 25 (497 Views)

Re: left hinge is broken

Hi Amer_sayegh,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP ENVY Sleekbook 6-1080ex and a hinge issue. I have escalated your issue to the appropriate team.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
FixFaultyHinge
Message 3 of 25 (493 Views)

[ Edited ]

My left hinge is breaking as well. Computer is only a year and a half old. Please fix this. I am a long-time HP purchaser, but after this issue I might NEVER buy from HP again. I had to work very hard to pay for this computer and I don't have time or money to purchase another one. 

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 4 of 25 (484 Views)

Hi FixFaultyHinge,

I have escalated your issue to the appropriate team.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
amer_sayegh
Message 5 of 25 (471 Views)

Thanks for helping 

Tutor
FixFaultyHinge
Message 6 of 25 (448 Views)

I have still not heard back from anyone despite being told that I would be emailed shortly. Could someone from HP actually contact me and not just tell me they will?

Tutor
JAYNE-THE-WEED
Message 7 of 25 (429 Views)

Have you had a answer yet?  I am also waiting for the same thing.

Tutor
JAYNE-THE-WEED
Message 8 of 25 (428 Views)

Have you had a reply yet?  I am also waiting for a reply with the same problem

Tutor
FixFaultyHinge
Message 9 of 25 (424 Views)

I finally received a reply from HP and they asked me for information regarding my laptop. I think two or three days elapsed between the forum posts and HP's response. I hope this goes somewhere.

Tutor
JAYNE-THE-WEED
Message 10 of 25 (414 Views)

I got a reply from Jeff, giving me his help@hp email address and asking for the information - serial number, date of purchase, etc, but nothing since.   Its been a couple of days.

Let me know what they say.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation