Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

To roni2210:

Hi. Current Interface Speed says: Gen3 6.0 Gbps

HP Recommended

Hi everybody.

I upgraded bios to last versione F.70 ( 1st march if i remember correctly )

I tried to install my OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD but bios doesn't recognize it.

If i set SATA 2 mode it works, but i don't like its performance in that mode.

Has anyone tried to install Samsung 850 Evo SSDs?

HP Recommended

yes i'v tested without success first  with my Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256 but with last bios update F50 it did worked

HP Recommended

Just installed my Vertex 3 120GB but i had to set SATA2 mode.. 280MB/s read and write speed.

It's ok but i would be more satisfied if SATA 3 mode works...

HP Recommended

When no response from hiset, here is my "investigation".

Bios: F.60 Rev.A 31 Mar 2015

SSD: Samsung EVO 840 120GB

SATA3 (6Gb/s) enabled in Bios.

I tried boot Windows 10 Preview from external HDD (Windows To Go), then run HWiNFO64 with  "Low-level IO Access" option for IDE/(S)ATA Drive Scan:

Bez názvu3.png

And here is output; Bus -> PCI Bus #0 -> Sata ahci controller:

Bez názvu2.png

Intel Rapid technology software also see 6GB/s:

Bez názvu.png

BUT, thats all, SSD is not visible in Windows 10 system. I have a feeling because of SSD drive encription 🙂 ...

HP Recommended

Hi all.

I have installed a SAMSUNG EVO 850 500GB ssd but only SATA2 works.

I have the latest bios F60, but when I select the SATA3 in bios menu, the hdd is not detected.

Has anyone this problem? Are there any solutions?

Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.