Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I hope that HP will come with a solution for this in the next BIOS update.

And i hope to get an reply from HP regarding this problem.

HP Recommended

In case you did not read my post on page 14

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Hardware-Upgrades-Replacements/probook-6560b-does-not-recognize-my-SSD/...

In other words, their representative said NO

HP Recommended

I have  the HP probook 6560b. With the Samsung SSD 840 EVO (250GB).

What i did to try to fix it:

I ran the cd that was included with the SSD, i connected the SSD with an usb converter to my pc. but i dont think that did annything.

I also deleted all the partions on it (i had a back-up set on it from a differnt pc). So it  was unlokated and then i inizilised it (in Diskmanagement).

Then i updated the bios with the link i provided (http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=5045609&spf_p... - Graphics).

I then put the ssd out of the usb and replaced my HDD with the SSD. I used an image program to put windows on it but you could just use a windows cd. Or maby use the samsung cd to port all you data from the hdd to the ssd first.

HP Recommended

And it works in sata3 mode?

HP Recommended

I did not change annything so sofar i know its running Sata3

HP Recommended

:)))) it's solved then

HP Recommended

May i ask you to run HWINFO32\64 and see what mentioned on Bus->PCI Bus #0->Sata AHCI Controller-> (on right pannel) SARA Port #0 -> Current interface speed. Have doubts it is SATA 3, but in case it is - so then what are the numbers in any synthetic benchs? Thanks.

HP Recommended

I think you are right about the Sata2 thing, I ran the test and its showing "Gen2 3.0 GBPs" on the sata port#0.

I'm guessing that means thats its on sata2.. Dam..

HP Recommended

Hi, has anyone tried Crucial M500 480 GB?

With f.42 bios works every ssd, but only in SATA 2 mode?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I have tried Samsung Evo 840 500GB on BIOS ver. F.28 (latest one incorporates any changes to sata interface) with no success. Drive runs with Sata 3.0 option selected. With Sata 6.0 drive is not recognized.

This is a bit of a nonsense to me. There is a bios upgrade for Probook line which doesn't work with any SATA 6.0 drive. HP support is ridiculous.

Anyway, please kindly infrom about any achievements.

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.