Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Which printers take the 940 ink cartridges? reason why I ask is I've just bought four new 940 cartridges and the printers died. If i buy a model that doesn't take the 940 cartridges I've wasted rather a lot of money. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,,

It appears that the printer to which these cartridges belong retails for about $600 US at Amazon.

HP OfficeJet 8500 Plus - very nice printer, by the way.

OK.. You can find a printer of your choice AND find out whether your cartridges will work.  It is kind of neat, actually.

• Go to Amazon.com -- Note that this works at least on the USA site.
  • Enter the name on your cartridge to find the same cartridge in the Search Bar and find that page.
  • Right in the center of the page where the cartridge is offered for sale / purchase, you will find a little application in a box "Will This Work with Your Printer" that offers you the oppurtunity to find out if the cartridge will work in "your" printer.
  • Fill in the information with the printer of your choice.  Use any printer name that you are considering buying.

The app will respond with "yes" that will work or "no", the ink won't work with that printer.

Commentary:

You might consider buying a quality HP printer that will meet your needs for the next year or two.  This might be of greater import than the cost of the four cartridges.

Good Luck!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

My 8500 All-in-One died after 6 years and I have $400 in ink cartridges left.  Do you know any other All-in-One machines that take that cartride?   If so can you email me at:  [Edited for Personal Information]?

thanks

Ben

HP Recommended

Just search in Google for "hp inkjet compatibility chart"

For example I found this that answers your question although the document is from 2013 so printer released after that date may not be on this PDF:

http://www.hp.com/sbso/special/hp-supplies-compatibility-matrix.pdf

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.