Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro 200
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just got a laserjet pro 200 the other day and still can't print to due to title error.  I have pulled the orange tabs off all the toners and reseated them.  I'm using the toner that was provided when I bought the printer.  Please help me!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Solomon_solo,

Because your HP Laserjet still fails to recognize the cartridges I believe that your product is experiencing either a hardware failure or you have defective cartridges. The chances of you having 4 defective cartridges out of box is less likely, but not impossible. To resolve this matter I would recommend that you contact our Technical Support queue by phone.

HP Technical Support can be reached at: 800-474-6836.

If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

HP Worldwide Contact

When you speak to the agent on the phone please advise them of the troubleshooting steps you have already completed with me, including the NVRAM reset and the result of those steps so you do not have to repeat all of the troubleshooting.

It has been a pleasure working with you. I wish you luck going forward with this! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @Solomon_solo,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're receiving the message '10.0001 Supply Memory Error' on the front panel of your HP Laserjet Pro 200 series printer. I would like to assist you today with resolving this error. Now I see that you have already confirmed that the orange tabs are removed off all cartridges and that you're using genuine HP toner. At this point I am going to run you through some additional steps.

Now, just so you are aware, the 10.xxxx error codes are specific to different cartridges:

• 10.0000 = black memory chip error
  • 10.0001 = cyan memory chip error
  • 10.0002 = magenta memory chip error
  • 10.0003 = yellow memory chip error
  • 10.1000 = black memory chip is missing
  • 10.1001 = cyan memory chip is missing
  • 10.1002 = magenta memory chip is missing
  • 10.1003 = yellow memory chip is missing

Therefore, your specific error message 10.0001 would indicate that the Cyan toner cartridge is experiencing the issue.

1. Remove the Cyan toner cartridge from the product

2. Check the memory chip for damage.

3. Examine the surface of the imaging drum on the bottom of the toner cartridge.

Untitled.png

4. If you see any scratches, fingerprints, or other damage on the imaging drum, replace the toner
cartridge.

5. If the imaging drum does not appear to be damaged, rock the toner cartridge gently several times
and reinstall it.

6. If the Supply Memory Error persists than a replacement Cyan cartridge will be needed.

Source: Troubleshoot 10.xx and Supplies messages

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Happy

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your responce.  I have done as you suggest. I still get an error.  It shows a ? on all on the cartridges on the little lcd screen.

HP Recommended

Hey @Solomon_solo,

I'm sorry to hear that the steps I provided failed to resolve the 10.0001 Supply Memory Error that you're receiving on your HP Laserjet. Due to all cartridges displaying a question mark on the display I do believe that your product is either experiencing a toner sensor hardware failure or a programming failure.

I would like to have you try a programming reset on your printer. However, in order for me to provide you with the accurate reset steps I do need to know which HP Laserjet Pro 200 series printer you have as HP manufactures two versions:

Once I find out which Laserjet Pro 200 you have I will be more than happy to send you the reset instructions. Talk to you soon! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you for any help.  Its the HP LaserJet Pro 200 color Printer M251nw.

HP Recommended

Hello @Solomon_solo,

Now that I know that you have the HP LaserJet Pro 200 color Printer M251nw I am going to send you a Private Message with the instructions on how to perform an NVRAM Programming Reset on your printer. Please check your Private Messages for further instruction.

Once the reset has been completed, please post the result of the reset in this thread and not in the Private Message.

I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Thanks for sending those instructions. After following said instructions, I still get the same error with the ? on all of the cartridges.
HP Recommended

Hello @Solomon_solo,

Because your HP Laserjet still fails to recognize the cartridges I believe that your product is experiencing either a hardware failure or you have defective cartridges. The chances of you having 4 defective cartridges out of box is less likely, but not impossible. To resolve this matter I would recommend that you contact our Technical Support queue by phone.

HP Technical Support can be reached at: 800-474-6836.

If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

HP Worldwide Contact

When you speak to the agent on the phone please advise them of the troubleshooting steps you have already completed with me, including the NVRAM reset and the result of those steps so you do not have to repeat all of the troubleshooting.

It has been a pleasure working with you. I wish you luck going forward with this! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

A replacement printer has been shiped to me and seems to be working as intended.  Thanks for the help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.