Question

Student
lanski
Message 1 of 2 (137 Views)

2605dn and 2600n. Colour prints producing variations of yellow only?

Hi there.

Hoping somebody on here can help me out as computers aren't my strong point! I recently purchased a refurbished 2605dn laser printer for work. I do a lot of colour printing and need to use laser for the transfer of images in my line of work. Was told printer included full set of HP cartridges as well. Printer arrived, allowed it to calibrate, ran a test photo and everything printed in colour is coming out only in wacky shades of yellow only. After lots of discussion, had a look at the cartridges and turns out the blue and red cartridges ARE HP but the black and yellow are not, although they are listed as compatible with this printer. I don't understand why yellow and black are therefore the only colours printing when they are the ones that are not HP?! Printer arrived pretty bashed in it's box so although I was very annoyed, I then purchased a 2600n as an alternative, also refurbished. It did not come with ink so I transferred over what I had from the 2605dn. Same problem. Coloured prints come out only in wacky shades of yellow. Very stressful as I have an arts fair in a week and cannot print any of my pieces. 

A friend suggested I should print a supply status page. This means nothing to me but I gave it a go! It seems to show information on each cartridge with a coloured "bar" beneath each cartridge colour. This page printed entirely in grayscale, apart from the yellow bar. The bars beneath info on red and blue ink both came out white. Can anybody tell me what this means or what I can possibly do to get either printer to produce colour documents?! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

PhD Student
Boston_RDSX
Message 2 of 2 (122 Views)

Re: 2605dn and 2600n. Colour prints producing variations of yellow only?

lanski,

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/ .

I hope this helps.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation