3070A e-all-in-one printer. how to change back to colour print (319 Views)
Honor Student
nigeloxford
Message 1 of 5 (319 Views)

3070A e-all-in-one printer. how to change back to colour print

A few weeks ago I (somehow) changed my settings to print in black only until I got new colour ink cartridges. Have tried everything, including uninstalling and reinstalling printer software on my laptop (fujitsu with vista), to get back to colour printing but nothing I have tried using the installed printer tools on the laptop seems to work. Have only had the printer a few months. Not sure if it's me or the printer! :smileywink:

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 5 (308 Views)

Re: 3070A e-all-in-one printer. how to change back to colour print

Hello nigeloxford

Have you tried printing the a test page? If the test page prints color then I would have to assume the setting on your laptop is the cause. Else... well it could be some other things we will start with the test page. In the article below you can jump to Solution six for printing a diagnostic page.

Printing Quality

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Honor Student
nigeloxford
Message 3 of 5 (305 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

I have printed a test page and no colour.

Just blank spaces where the colour should be.

I have also tried to photocopy a page with colour and it comes out only in black and white and nothing where the colour should be..

I am not technical at all but logically, from this, I conclude that whatever I have done via my laptop has resulted in a change on the printer itself.

ie to the printer settings and not to anything resident on my laptop.

Either that or the printer is malfunctioning and I will return it under warranty.

I have also downloaded the 63 page user manual and will work through it tomorrow, but any guidance you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 5 (301 Views)

Hello nigeloxford

At this point I am leaning more towards the hardware being the issue not any setting you have changed. The fact that the pages you printed stayed white where color should be most likely means the ink is not being dispersed. If it was software of some sort I'm fairly certain then areas that should have color would be printed in grayscale.

I would suggest trying the Incompatible Cartridge Error article. While not the same problem the steps in it may help. It will go through checking the cartridge and cleaning it. The last step is replace the cartridge. It could just be bad ink cartridges but I find it unlikely that all your color cartridges would be bad.

I wish you luck

-Travis

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Honor Student
nigeloxford
Message 5 of 5 (296 Views)

Travis, thanks.

I have done all these things (and more) as well as another complete printer network install to no avail.

It has to be something on the printer but I find it hard to believe that it's mechanical.

It has to be something to do with the software on the printer.

I have nothing left to try, so will go out and but a different make and post my views of the aftersales support of HP and this product in particular on as many review places as I can.

Wouldn't want anyone else to have to go through what I have, albeit of my own making, as I changed the settings to print black and white only.

Cheers

Nigel

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation