Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP4110
The 4110 often seems to print bold text when commanded to just print normal font within a paragraph. It always looks really unprofessional (and I suspect is using too much ink), and having tried to adjust preferences via the print box (including using less ink), I've had no joy. Can anyone assist please? Thanks and regards,
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Mountprint

I am happy to help you with your 4110. Is this the HP Photosmart C4110 All-in-One Printer?

What operating system, and version do you have? Mac or Windows? Can you also let me know which program you are printing from and if this issue arises when you print from all programs or just from one?

While I wait to hear back from you, running the Print and Scan Doctor might help. The HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free utility (tool) that helps to quickly resolve common printing, scanning and connectivity issues including but not limited to:

• Connectivity:

USB: Verifies that the USB connection from your computer to the HP product is working correctly.

Network: Verifies that the network connection between your computer and your network is working correctly.

• Device Status Test: Checks for device errors such as out of paper, paper jams, carriage stalls, and paper feed issues, and then provides instructions for fixing the error.

• Driver Check: Checks for missing or corrupt driver files.

• Device Manager: Checks for problems in Device Manager that would prevent printing.

• Device Online: Checks if the product has been paused or set to offline, and then sets the status back to online if necessary.

• Print Queue: Checks for and clears pending print jobs in the print queue (a log of print jobs waiting to print).

• Port Match: Checks the port settings for the HP product.

• Device Conflicts: Checks for conflicts with other drivers, such as other printer brands.

• Ink Issues: Checks the cartridges and ink levels for issues that affect print quality.

• Print Settings: Checks and adjusts the print quality settings.

• Test Print: Prints a test page for print quality evaluation, and provides options for cleaning and aligning the printhead if necessary.

• Scan Tests: Checks the scan mechanism, drivers, and registry entries.

Source:Try the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

Click here to download and run the Print and Scan Doctor>
>>>>> www.hp.com/go/tools

If that does not resolve the issue, post back and let me know if there are any symbols other than green check marks and what they are next to of course. The wrench is not always easy to spot as the wrench and the check mart are in the green circle.

• If you see only green check marks (), the tool did not find any problems.

• If you see green wrenches (), the utility identified an issue and corrected it automatically.

• If you see yellow exclamation points (), the test failed and required user action, but the step was skipped.

• If you see a red X (), follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.

Clicking the thumbs up icon below, helps me see that you are grateful and/or pleased with my post! If the issue persists, I will happily do all I can to assist you Smiley Happy   Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

The printer is hp officejet 4110 all in one.

Sunshyn2005 - the operating system is Windows 7 professional.

I have done the print and scan doctor etc.  It says all is OK.  

The Windows Printer Test Page comes out in bold print.

A friend started this and he has now departed these shores, hence an altered name (new registration)

Mountprint1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.