Question

Honor Student
CJJD
Message 1 of 6 (3,852 Views)

4500 wireless printer cartridge problem

I installed a new black ink cartridge and after one day of printing, I received an error message that one of the cartridges has a problem.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 6 (3,838 Views)

Re: 4500 wireless printer cartridge problem

Try the troubleshooting steps in this page.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
bob2011
Message 3 of 6 (3,741 Views)

I refill the ink cartridges in my Officejet 4500 Wireless (G510n). Recently the color cartridge is delivering only a massive shade of yellow. The Black cartridge prints ok for half a page then fades out even though the cartridge is full of ink and has had plenty of time to distribute inside of the cartridge..I have insured that the contacts of these cartridges are clean and free of debris. What next?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 6 (3,738 Views)

bob2011 wrote:

I refill the ink cartridges in my Officejet 4500 Wireless (G510n). Recently the color cartridge is delivering only a massive shade of yellow. The Black cartridge prints ok for half a page then fades out even though the cartridge is full of ink and has had plenty of time to distribute inside of the cartridge..I have insured that the contacts of these cartridges are clean and free of debris. What next?

It would appear you have a poor quality of ink and/or have introduced air into the printhead.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
bob2011
Message 5 of 6 (3,732 Views)

Thanks Bob for your response, I will have to check this out. I use a 3ml hypodermic syringe with a small needle to refill cartridges and maybe not getting the ink into the bottom. Thanks again.

Bob

Student
Crashrandy
Message 6 of 6 (3,688 Views)

I have a problem that my error message states that one of my print cartridges has a problem

I reinstalled both, I turned the printer on and off several times, and the message persists

On line with the HP rep was a complete waste of time

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation