Question

Honor Student
Mpdaniel79
Message 1 of 5 (95 Views)

5510 Black Ink (New Cartridge) Not Printing

Like many others of the thread, my 5510 will not use the black ink now that I've inserted a new cartridge. Any ideas? All diagnostics / troubleshooting on this thread have been tried to no avail.
Honor Student
louise2
Message 2 of 5 (67 Views)

Re: 5510 Black Ink (New Cartridge) Not Printing

I used a Qtip with rubbing alcohl and cleaned the port on the printer and on the cartridge. Has worked for me twice.

Honor Student
louise2
Message 3 of 5 (65 Views)

I used a Q tip with rubbing alcohol and cleaned the port on the printer and also the cartridge. Has worked for me twice 2 monts apart.

Retired
Leo_Y
Message 4 of 5 (56 Views)

I saw your post and have forwarded it to the right people to have it reviewed. You should hear back from someone shortly via private message on this forum.

Keep an eye on the PM (Private Message) envelope at the top right corner of each page. When you see a number next to the grey envelope, click it. That's the way you'll be contacted.

If you need to know how to post a private message

click here

Thanks.

- I worked for HP.
Honor Student
Mpdaniel79
Message 5 of 5 (48 Views)

No further need to escalate. I've tried EVERY solution suggested on ALL related threads and have completely wasted the Cyan, Yellow, and Magenta cartridges installed yesterday on Print Status tests, trying to get the black cartridge to print. An utter waste of nearly $60. So I've decided to get rid of the 5510 and purchase a more reliable device from an HP competitor. This was only the third or fourth time I've had to replace cartridges (using genuine HP each time) so for this to fail so quickly is unacceptable, whether or not the device is in or out of warranty (mine was out, for what it is worth). I realize this is not your fault, but it is extremely frustrating to consumers. For what we pay in ink alone, we should be able to expect higher performance from a company of HP's size.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation