Question

Honor Student
Dean2014
Message 1 of 6 (170 Views)

5510 all in one won't print black ink

Hello guys, 

I see that this issue has come up before, sorry for being a broken record!

My HP 5510 is not printing black, and I have followed the troubleshooting steps on this board. I am very frustrated because I am 3 months out of the 1 year warranty, and I for troubleshooting purposes, I purchased nearly $55 worth of ink! I have no idea if Best Buy will take it back since the cartridges are opened and installed in my printer. 

What options do I have to get a working printer? 

Honor Student
Dean2014
Message 2 of 6 (144 Views)

Re: 5510 all in one won't print black ink

Updating to add that I am out of the warranty...should I just buy a new printer? Do I have any options in getting this fixed from HP?

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 3 of 6 (124 Views)

Hi Dean2014,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I see you are running into some print quality issues on your HP Photosmart 5510, you are unable to print in black ink. I understand your printer is out of warranty, please do not go and replace the printer just yet. I would like to work with you at getting this resolved.

Make sure you have completed ALL troubleshooting steps listed here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, I understand you may have done some of these steps already but I need you to complete all steps in order to resolve the missing black issue you are experiencing.

Please note: There are three printhead cleaning stages. Complete all three stages if necessary. If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes after the last (third) cleaning stage to start the first stage of the cleaning process over again.

If you are still unable to print in black ink, I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. Please let me know which Country/Region you are in?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Dean2014
Message 4 of 6 (116 Views)

Thank you so very much for your answer! I have followed that link that you mentioned, however I only cleaned the printerheads once, so I will go do it again.

I am in South Carolina .

Thanks again for replying.

Honor Student
Dean2014
Message 5 of 6 (92 Views)

Hi, I am back again. 

I cleaned the printerheads, however it is still not printing black. I understand that electronics sometimes fail out of warranty, it just burns me because a new hp printer at best buy is about $60/70 and like a fool I spent money on ink on the old 5510 instead of just getting a new one.

I went down to Best Buy yesterday to see if they would take the ink back and of course they won't since it was opened and installed (and used).

Bah!

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 6 of 6 (57 Views)

Dean2014,

I have sent you a Private message, please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation