Question

Student
lnbrown
Message 1 of 3 (73 Views)

5520 New black cartridge won't print

[ Edited ]

Just installed a new HP 564xl black cartridge in my 5520 and it will not print anything in black? Shows that it has a full black cartridge? I've run diagnostics and cleaned and alignged and still nothing in black, only color?

Associate Professor
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 3 (62 Views)

Re: 5520 New black cartridge won't print

Hi - A couple of things you can try.  First, follow the steps in this document - at least solution 3 since you've already replaced the cartridge. 

If that doesn't resolve the issue, try following the steps, beginning with solution 3 in this document, which will walk you through resetting the printer and cleaning the contacts - even though it is a new cartridge.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 3 (56 Views)

Re: 5520 New black cartridge won't print

[ Edited ]

Hopefully the suggestions from @kkcb9395  will solve the issue. If not, then as this printer is a 5520 I'd advise calling HP Phone Support - regardless if the printer is out of warranty - as you may require a replacement.

Phone no.s

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

Can you please let us know how you get on?

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation