08-27-2014 06:39 AM - edited 08-27-2014 06:42 AM
Just installed a new HP 564xl black cartridge in my 5520 and it will not print anything in black? Shows that it has a full black cartridge? I've run diagnostics and cleaned and alignged and still nothing in black, only color?
08-27-2014 07:32 AM
Hi - A couple of things you can try. First, follow the steps in this document - at least solution 3 since you've already replaced the cartridge.
If that doesn't resolve the issue, try following the steps, beginning with solution 3 in this document, which will walk you through resetting the printer and cleaning the contacts - even though it is a new cartridge.
Hope that helps.
I am an HP employee.
08-27-2014 08:54 AM - edited 09-21-2014 08:00 AM
Hopefully the suggestions from @kkcb9395 will solve the issue. If not, then as this printer is a 5520 I'd advise calling HP Phone Support - regardless if the printer is out of warranty - as you may require a replacement.
Can you please let us know how you get on?
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?