Question
564xl black ink cartridge doesn't fit, even though hp website says it should. what's wrong?
Replies (22)

Honor Student
LG_jedi
Message 21 of 23 (390 Views)

Re: 564xl black ink cartridge doesn't fit, even though hp website says it should. what's wrong?

The thinner 564XL black ink is figure 1 on  's post.  You just need to make sure the part number is CN684W or CN680W.  I know eBay has them.  The retail package that are sold in the store usually does not have part number.

Another question I see in this thread, some users confuse black with "photo black" which are not the same.

Honor Student
tarduckie
Message 22 of 23 (384 Views)

Re: 564xl black ink cartridge doesn't fit, even though hp website says it should. what's wrong?

HP 564XL.jpg

This is from figure 2. It is this specific cartridge I need. I have the wider one to the right (I have 4 of them, because I keep trying to buy the thinner one on the left and get the wrong size every time). 

Maybe it's just time to buy a new printer. Should not be this difficult to find a cartridge :smileysad:

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 23 of 23 (378 Views)

tarduckie wrote:

HP 564XL.jpg

This is from figure 2. It is this specific cartridge I need. I have the wider one to the right (I have 4 of them, because I keep trying to buy the thinner one on the left and get the wrong size every time). 

Maybe it's just time to buy a new printer. Should not be this difficult to find a cartridge :smileysad:

The cartridge you need is the Photo cartridge, NOT the black cartridge.  It will have a camera on the package, or is included in the color pack that has four cartridges.  You should be able to find the photo cartridge in stores or online, such as here from HP.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation