Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Went to install my first cartridges from InstantInk.  Got 61/301 cartridges.  Original cartridges in printer 61.  Customer support says the 61/301 cartridges are the right ones, but they are quite a bit longer and I'm having trouble installing them.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Tessa, sometimes they can be tricky to snap in. Take a look at the document below, does this help?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03737202

Ciara

www.instantink.com

Instant Ink_2.jpg

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Tessa, sometimes they can be tricky to snap in. Take a look at the document below, does this help?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03737202

Ciara

www.instantink.com

Instant Ink_2.jpg

HP Recommended

Clara,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I did manage to install the 61/301 cartridges yesterday.  My concern was the difference in size and, of course, not wanting to damage my printer by forcing the larger cartridges.  As it turned out, it was pretty simple once the cartridges were properly positioned.  Learning curve of a new Envy 5500 owner I guess.  Thank you again.  Greatly appreciated.

Tessa

HP Recommended

You're very welcome Tessa, take care

🙂

Ciara

HP Recommended
I would like to get some hp 61 black and some hp 61 color ink can you help?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.