Question

Student
retiredguy57
Message 1 of 5 (5,320 Views)
Accepted Solution

6500 accepts print job but prints blank pages - same in copy mode

6500 accepts print job but prints blank pages - same for copies. Printer ink is full.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 5 (5,316 Views)

Re: 6500 accepts print job but prints blank pages - same in copy mode

This article should help resolve your blank pages:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01892627&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Give the steps listed under your operating system a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Top Student
Geordie71
Message 3 of 5 (4,660 Views)

This "fix" did not work for me.  My 6500 (wireless) produces (almost *) only blank sheets as a printer from a range of different PC's or as a straightforward copier.  It did this very suddenly with close to full ink cartridges.  Since it produces blank copies as a copier (B/W or color) without the PC turned on the vast bulk of the recommendations are irrelevant in terms of getting a copy function to work.

The last thing it did successfully was to receive and then send a fax.  Probably coincidence.

(*) The "almost" only refers to the presence of 6 colored blocks at the bottom of the page produced by the clean printheads process.

Top Student
JesusourHope
Message 4 of 5 (4,436 Views)

WOW! At least temporarily, my solution is hit SET-UP (the wrench) tab right arrow to TOOLS #6. type OK.
Tab
to (#2) Clean Printhead. Hit OK. Hopefully, stand back, let process and be amazed. A second try may be necessary.
At least for one day it works. May this be your solution.  Jesus is our only Hope!!!!

Honor Student
velona
Message 5 of 5 (650 Views)

i had this issue earlier today . your answer solved the problem for me . Thanks a lot

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation