Question

Student
lsisemore
Message 1 of 3 (718 Views)

6500a plus error paper jam, is none. printer won't reset, and carriage is stuck on right side

6500a plus. error shows paper jam, but there is none. printer won't reset, and carriage is stuck on right side will not release. Have powered down, power reset, removed duplex from back - over 10 times each. Will not release carriage.

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 3 (707 Views)

Re: 6500a plus error paper jam, is none. printer won't reset, and carriage is stuck on right side

Hey Isisemore,

Here's an article related to the error you're seeing:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02441153&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=408...

I would recommend expanding section four and checking the rollers and recesses for any debris or objects that may restrict movement.

I would also recommend printing a self test report, instructions on how to do so are included in the article as well.

Hope this helps!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Student
SManning
Message 3 of 3 (627 Views)

Re: 6500a plus error paper jam, is none. printer won't reset, and carriage is stuck on right side

I don't know if the above link led the original poster to an answer, but it did not for me and my issue is exactly the same. All rollers have been cleaned, all steps in the listed steps have been performed, and the carriage still will not move. Any more ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation