6600 series - Deleting "ink cartridge depleted" message without replacing ink. (515 Views)
Student
arf2012
Message 1 of 2 (515 Views)

6600 series - Deleting "ink cartridge depleted" message without replacing ink.

I know I need to replace the color ink cartridges even though I print only in black.  But, I cannot afford to replace them this month.  Is there any way to stop the message that directs you to shop online for replacement cartridges?  I've turned the printer and computer on and off.  I close out the message but it comes back. I know what I need to do, and I will do it next month, but I am sick of this annoying message.   I just want it to go away.  Thanks.  P.S.  I know it is not good for the printer to run on empty cartridges.  I will replace them as soon as I can. 

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 2 (498 Views)

6600 series - Deleting "ink cartridge depleted" message without replacing ink.

As long as you're running with empty cartridges, that message will keep coming up. There's no way to turn it off other than replacing the cartridge. Sorry. You can cut down on the amount of color ink that gets used though. That will keep this from happening quite as often. I'll need to know what OS you're running to provide the exact steps. What OS are you using?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation