Question

Student
Cory2439
Message 1 of 2 (1,589 Views)

7520 Multiple Cartridge, Printhead Problems

I only recently purchased my 7520 and have had multiple problems:

On the first day after a successful install, it began flashing a message that the black photo cartridge was missing or damaged. After taking it out, cleaning and replacing time and again, it seems to be OK...for now, but the problem keeps happening.

Next, I was printing photos with no problem and then all of the sudden the next few came out peachy / pink. So I ran a print quality test and the cyan toner did not print at all. I did what it said: cleaned cartridges (actually it said print heads, but the printer didn't have that option), realigned cartridges, and when I tried a test print again the problem was even worse...the cyan was printing, but not correctly and now all of the other cartridges are not printing correctly: either streaky or not the right shades.

I am still on the "setup" cartridges and I have tried these steps over and over to no avail. I am nearly out of toner now, but I'd like to know I fixed the problem before buying more toner.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 2 (1,563 Views)

7520 Multiple Cartridge, Printhead Problems

I am sorry that you are having that issue with the printer. Here is a link to a document that addresses poor quality output for your model of printer. I know the above post mentioned some of the steps listed in this document; but there are other troubleshooting steps in the document that could help fix the issue that were not mentioned. I hope that this helps
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation