Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Monica, did you get your resume printed?  I thought the knife was not working for you?  Did it finally work? 

HP Recommended

Laura,

Slide the knife flat against the front of the cartridges. What you are trying to do is push the cartridges in so that you can slide the holder to the left to access the 4 cartidges. One or more of the cartridges have popped out and that is what is preventing the holder from moving.

Monica

HP Recommended

Laura, 

Yes, I got my resume printed and need to leave now for my interview.

Good Luck with your printer.  I hope it works.

Monica

HP Recommended

Good luck on your interview!  Thanks for your help!  I'll let you know if it fixes it.

HP Recommended

Re: Where to put the knife: Think about how the ink cartridges are installed in the carrier. The ink cartridge has popped out toward you if you are in front of the printer and the carrrier is hidden behind a thin metal "box". Slide the knife behind the thin metal side of the box closest to you so that the blade is between the metal and the ink cartridges. Gently push back against the cartridges with one hand while gently pulling the carrier to the left with your other hand until it slides out of the "box". Voila. Push the loose ink cartridge back in place and you are done. I recommend turning off the printer then to allow it to re-set. No guaranty it won't happen again, though.

HP Recommended

Thank you for taking the time to post your solution to the problem that you posted. I've been trying to fix my problem for over two hours and your post provided my solution!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.