Question

Honor Student
don11575
Message 1 of 5 (126 Views)

882c printer cartridge wont align

I am having trouble getting the cartridges to align properly when I use the computer set up options to "customize printer" then "services" then "align printer" options.

This is with an 882C installed on win7 64 bit drivers supplied using the windows drivers option.

I have tried several driver options and none seem to fix this. I can connect to the printer via LAN and print but lines are skewed.

Any ideas or help will be appreciated.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 5 (123 Views)

Re: 882c printer cartridge wont align

Hi,

What driver are you using?

The HP Deskjet 882 is not compatible with Windows 7 and will not work on the operating system:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01796774&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=61607&task=...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
don11575
Message 3 of 5 (109 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

I install the printer via the printer installer clicking on local printer. I then accept use existing port which happens to be a tcp/ip port. Then click windows update and the HP 882c shows up on the list.

I am thinking these are generic drivers from Windows.

Thanks

Don

Honor Student
baumgrenze
Message 4 of 5 (49 Views)

I just had to replace a cartridge in an 882c.  Now I learn that HP can't be bothered to support their products in Windows 7.

My Canon printer works just fine under Windows 7.

My conclusion, HP is no longer interested in the printer business and is abandoning it. Buyer beware.

My first HP printer was a Laserjet 4L. My spouse was a 20 year HP employee. I could be a loyal stakeholder, but loyalty is a 2-way street.

My loyalty is evident in that I took the time to find this forum to post and try to communicate with HP.

Bill and Dave would hang their heads in shame at the stupidity of today's management. They stood for quality products that might stand the test of time (and therefore need ongoning corporate support.)

enough said

Honor Student
baumgrenze
Message 5 of 5 (45 Views)

Re: 882c printer cartridge wont align - It Can Be Done in XP Mode If You Try Hard Enough

I am stubborn and I persisted.

You need a version of Windows 7 that includes XPMode. I am running Windows 7 Professional x64.

I had my previous OS HDD installed in an eSATA docking station so that XP and all the old drivers were accesible to the system.

I opened XPMode, I clicked on "Start" in the lower left corner, I selected "Printers & Services" and opened that dialog and selected my 882C, I right clicked on "Properties" and selected "Services" and then chose "Align."

At first it did not work. The test pattern did not print. I unplugged the USB cable to the printer and plugged it back in (to help XPMode find the printer?) and 3 copies printed because I'd tried more than once to 'Align.'

Then everything worked as it had under XP.

Be careful about having XPMode open while connected to the Internet. It is a vulnerable OS.

I hope this helps someone else keep a decent printer running longer than management intended.

baumgrenze

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation