Question

Top Student
katsat
Message 1 of 8 (216 Views)
Accepted Solution

920 cartridge looks different than the old one

I just bought some new ink cartridges for my Officejet 6500a 710n-z printer.  I bought the same 920 XL cartridges that I have bought and successfully installed before.  However, the most recent ones would not install!

These new cartridges are different than the others -- on the bottom, they only have the gold-colored contact plate.  The others had the gold plate and a little bubble-like item that I think was called an ink window.  Other than that, the cartridges are exactly the same.

Have these cartridges changes?   What do I need to do to make them work in my printer?

Distinguished Professor
DevRao
Message 2 of 8 (206 Views)

Re: 920 cartridge looks different than the old one

Hi,

Please refer doc below about this.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
katsat
Message 3 of 8 (200 Views)

Thanks!  Now I just need to get these new cartridges to work in my printer!

Honor Student
fulviogsx
Message 4 of 8 (107 Views)

hello to all the forum

I have the same problem: printer 6500 AIO, the old black cartridge (with old chip) works properly. when I put the new one  (whit new chip), printer doesn't recognise the new cartridge.

What can I do? I already have still tried buying another new cartridge!Nothing to do

Now i can't throw away the printer with a couple of new cartridges!

Thanks for help

fulvio

Student
BezaNH
Message 5 of 8 (82 Views)

I bought a combo pack: cyan, magenta, yellow 920 cartridges at Target. I did not notice until you said something that these cartridges are different than my old cartridges.

When I put in the Magenta and Yellow, the Officejet 6500 printer said: The cartridges are missing or damaged. I finally got the Cyan one to work, but the Yellow one does not work and it also messes with the ability for me to use the old cartridges that did work, but are out of ink, that I want to put in just so I can get the printer to work.

I tried the new yellow one again and the printer did not recognize it and I had to try three of my old yellow cartridges till it recognized one of them.

I am afraid to even try the new Cyan one. What recourse do we have: Buy a non HP printer, if all these new, I am sure cheaper to make cartridges don't work?

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 6 of 8 (58 Views)

Hello BezaNH,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

Sorry to hear about the issues with the Officejet 6500 not reading the new generation cartridges. I believe I found a document that may help you resolve this.

Some steps you will have done such as, remove and install cartridges, I would still suggest following through with all the steps. The images of the cartridges are that of the older generations cartridges, the steps are the same regardless.

'The following ink cartridge appears to be missing or damaged' Error Message Displays on the Printer....

Let me know how those steps work out, I will be keeping an eye on the thread.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
fulviogsx
Message 7 of 8 (51 Views)

I also triedall tips and tricks. Nothing to do. I put the old cartridge: ok. I put the new ones: Black missing...

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 8 of 8 (46 Views)

I would at this time suggest you contact HP's Phone Support. Even if your printer warranty is expired, the cartridges have a separate warranty. If the new cartridges are not working in the printer and you have done all the suggested troubleshooting, it would best to see about further options that phone support can offer. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions, click here.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation