04-05-2014 06:35 PM
Now I see a gazillion people have had this issue, with no real solution than either throwing out the printer or waiting for some magical thing to happen. Or a secret message from Ciara B. C'mon, HP. This is ridiculous. Give me a better solution.
04-07-2014 07:30 AM
Which printer model do you have? Is it in warranty?
04-08-2014 04:48 AM - edited 04-08-2014 04:49 AM
As it's out of warranty, one thing worth trying is soaking the printhead as described below...
1) Get a pan and put 1/2" of very hot (not boiling) water in the bottom.
2) Next remove all the ink cartridges, then remove the printhead assembly.
3) Gently put the printhead nozzles down in the water and let it soak for five minutes.
4) Remove the printhead and gently dry the electrical contacts.
5) Put the printhead back in the printer and then reinstall the ink cartridges.
Troubleshooting print quality issues on OJ 7000
Can you let me know if this works?
05-21-2014 05:13 AM
Just wondering if this is now resolved?
05-21-2014 05:56 AM
I've been farming out my print jobs to Staples. The HP Officejet works great as a huge paperweight, though. Because I was always "ready" with extra packs of ink, I feel doubly screwed--- HP convinces us to buy original HP refills which are more expensive than others, and then their HP products poop out and I've had the ink cartridges too long to return them. Any other solutions?
I don't understand-- if you know the Black Ink cartridge problem has been around for a while, why don't you fix it or recall the product or be willing to fix these things?
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- What Is HP Instant Ink?
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Replacing the Printhead for HP Officejet 6500 and 6500A All-in-One Printer Series
- Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges and Customer-Replaceable Printheads for HP Inkjet Supplies