04-25-2014 02:27 AM
I had my cartridges refilled and since I did the system doesn't seem to recognise the cartridges anymore. Which means I can't print at all. I've tried 100 times to e-mail different types of prints to the printer, but none of it works. Is there a solution to this problem? Cause it is much and much cheaper to refill then to keep buying new ones!
04-25-2014 06:19 AM
Unfortunately, when you refill the cartridges, it damages the sensors which will result in what you're experiencing.
The refills are cheaper because they are not of the same quality ink provided by HP.
There are opportunities to buy HP cartridges at a sale price during certain periods.
Please refer to the link below for more information on the cartridges.
When you use refills, it can also damage the printer for good. I've seen this happen to lots of people.
I sincerely refrain you from using any other cartridge than HP brands. You'll end up with more trouble than you
started with. Hope this helps!
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP, supporting the HP Experts who volunteer their time and technical knowledge to help others.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?