09-03-2012 02:31 PM
Just purchased the HP Photosmart 6510, trying to align the cartridges but it stop prior with this message "You may continue but Cartridges are not calibrated for best print quality. Touch OK to continue." All the photos that I print have lines ever few centimeters horizontally. It provides me no options for troubleshooting, reviewed this website and downloaded the hardward wizard. Nothing is working, very frustrating. About ready to return it to Best Buy and purchase something different!
09-11-2012 01:10 PM
You can run the alignment/calibration from the printer control panel like this:
- From the home screen, touch the Setup icon ( ), and then touch Tools .
- Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Align Printer . The alignment page prints.
I was a support engineer for HP.
If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
09-13-2012 02:58 PM
No - That did not resolve the issue, that is the process that generates the message I noted in my first request. Can you please give me the next step. Really would like to use this printer, it have been over a week now...
06-02-2014 08:46 PM
My printer has not printed black ink for the past few days. I've tried all the suggested steps to resolve the issue; clean the printheads, unplug printer while it's on, etc. Now I'm receiving the message "Alignment Failed. You may continue but Cartridges are not calibrated for best print quality. Touch OK to continue." I've tried to make a copy, that does not work either, a blank page just prints out. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- What Is HP Instant Ink?
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Replacing the Printhead for HP Officejet 6500 and 6500A All-in-One Printer Series
- Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges and Customer-Replaceable Printheads for HP Inkjet Supplies