05-30-2013 09:47 AM
Are you seeing a Used or Counterfeit Cartridge msg? (on a genuine HP cartridge)
If so, check out the link below
06-09-2014 09:14 PM
Yes, this is exactly what is happening. The message concerning a counterfiet ink cartridge is extremely annoying and uncalled for by HP. A simple, "Ink level low" message would more than suffice and not create the false message that appears concerning a counterfiet ink cartridge. One could easily assume that HP must also couterfiet their own ink cartridges. I am extremely annoyed with HP and this ink sucking, all-n-1 sorry excuse for a printer. I will donate it to Goodwill and find a more sutable printer option than his. This printer is only about 4 montyhs old, but I have had all of the abuse that this printer has to offer that I can tolerate. HP USE to make an excellent product. This no longer seems to be the case.
I appreciate your help, Ciara_B. You gave me the correct answer for the problem that I am having.
06-10-2014 12:56 AM
Yea I appreciate the msg is annoying, we've fed back to the messaging team that something like Ink Depleted is more appropriate.
Sorry to hear you're not happy with the printer. With regards to the page yield I would recommend the Instant Ink program for better cost savings (not in all countries though, right now in the US and UK)
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?