Black Ink Won't Print - HP OfficeJet 4620 (8914 Views)
Tutor
Thesupe
Message 21 of 52 (6,096 Views)

Re: Black Ink Won't Print - HP OfficeJet 4620

no more communications from HPStill no solution to this problem an

K73 Honor Student
Honor Student
K73
Message 22 of 52 (6,039 Views)

I am having the same problem-- everything prints except the black, even after I install a new cartridge. Added problem-- after I installed a new black cartridge, the printer started telling me that the color cartridge was defective, even tho' colors were printing perfectly.   I replaced that, too.  Printer still won't print or copy black. Ink levels are full. Alignments fail, cleaning printheads fails. This is my 3rd or 4th HP printer. It will be my last. 

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 23 of 52 (5,997 Views)

Hi K73,

I understand your frustration, let's go ahead and start with the Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages.  When you get to Solution four: Use an automated tool to clean the printhead a helpful tip is to repeat the printhead cleaning up to 4x. I hope this has helped, please let me know if you require more assistance.

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
K73 Honor Student
Honor Student
K73
Message 24 of 52 (5,978 Views)

Thank you. Funny thing is, I actually hit on this possible solution myself the next day, after I decided that the waste of ink didn't matter if I was going to have to junk the printer anyway. I'm on my third cleaning and things are getting better, but still not fixed. I'll keep you informed. Many thanks. (And I actually posted this in the wrong place, my printer is a 3054 but the problem is the same..)
HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 25 of 52 (5,948 Views)

Hello K73,

I am glad the print quality is getting better for you, I appreciate you taking the time to follow the troubleshooting steps I have recommended. I will now leave you with the document for your exact printer for Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues as it does have a few extra steps that you can try for your Deskjet 3054. Please keep me updated as I would like to help you get this issue resolved.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day :smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
notveryhappy2
Message 26 of 52 (5,929 Views)

Same thing is happening with my 4620.  I have 3 HP printers to my network.  I have never experienced this before.  NEVER.  Now this has happened twice to me on the 4620. 

I print a lot because I am working on my doctorate.  I depend on my printers.  When my 6 month old 4620 did this about 2 months ago, I stopped using it.  Used my other printers.  Now my main printer is not functioning correctly and the third printer is out of ink. So I tried the 4620 again.  It started showing signs of black ink again and after performing numerous "cartridge cleanings" the black ink was back on. 

Now, 5 days later, the black is not working again.  I've wasted 2 days trying to get this @@##$@@ printer to work.  It seems like the only way to "SOLVE" this is to buy a new printer.  OMG what a scam.

Honor Student
notveryhappy2
Message 27 of 52 (5,925 Views)

This "solution" DOES NOT WORK!! I will bet that most of us with this problem did the cartridge cleaning and alignments, etc more than a dozen times!!! 

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 28 of 52 (5,899 Views)

I appreciate your frustration.

Are any of the printers still within warranty?

You can check by entering the serial no. here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?cc=ie&lc=en

Black not printing

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/Black-not-printing/m-p/2926025

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Tutor
Thesupe
Message 29 of 52 (5,849 Views)

This is exactly what I have been experiencing! Support was not able to come up with an answer. I think it is a design defrct in the print heads. It seems the longer you leave it sit the more trouble you have. I'm sure they are just hoping we give up griping and go away because the only real answer is a totally different printer.

Top Student
tammyhochstein
Message 30 of 52 (5,817 Views)

I have and had the same issue with the HP Officejet 4620.  My printer ran out of ink, so I went to BJ's and purchased  the HP 3 pack of XL ink.  I loaded the new cartridge and it worked for a couple of days then the black ink stopped printing.  I was getting blank pages.  I went into tools and cleaned the printhead about 5 times still was not coming out clear.  I called HP and they said it may be a bad ink cartridge so they will replace the cartridge.  Since I had 3 cartridges I did not wait for them and I replaced the cartridge with a new one.  It was working fine for about a month.  I do not print alot and it was a XL cartridge but it stopped printing black again yesterday.  An XL cartridge should not stop working after printing about 50 pages in a month.

I did the cleaned printhead 4 times already and still not working.  There is obviously a problem with the printer model since everyone is having the same problem.  HP should do a recall but they wont.  They tell me my warranty is out but I am pretty sure it is not.  This really stinks, I usally like HP but my son needs a printer for school and If they do not fix this problem I will stop buying their products.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation