Question

Honor Student
Sweendog
Message 1 of 2 (152 Views)

Black Ink Won't Print on OJ6500

Have HP Officejet 6500 that won't print black after replacing the XL cartridge.  Loaded 2nd cartridge to verify. Conducted cleaning, reset, and soaking procedures as described.  Still no black.  Removed head and waterjet cleaned, still no black.  Re-did all the above, no black. 

This is the 2nd HP printer with this issue in the past month.  My wife's unit in her home office went bad, no black, and I could not clean the head as it was integrated.  I called HP support and they suggested I get a new printer, which I did.  It works fine, but I fear ever having to replace the black ink cartridge. 

I always had an issue with HP and printer cartridges requiring "genuine" in order to honor warranty, cartridges being as expensive as the printer, forced obsolesence, etc.  Now it's cheaper to replace a whole printer than replace or repair...what a joke!!  These are 2 seperate printers, different models, not networked in any way, yet both failed, my wife's just out of warranty and this 6500 only 2 years old, both used in home office setting...it's not like we're smoking them in a business setting.  And both failed after replacement of the black cartridges!!  So it's not like they sat idle and got gummed up.  I will never buy an HP product again, and highly recommend that others do not.  There are 46 pages of messages posted here as of this writing, and I am copying this to every electronic blog I can think of.  You, HP, need to fix your QC and this obvious widespread problem!!

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 2 of 2 (116 Views)

Re: Black Ink Won't Print on OJ6500

This document is aimed at this issue, and may help here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01641815&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation