Question

Honor Student
rimrock
Message 1 of 9 (734 Views)

Black Ink not printing out HP 4622

[ Edited ]

I have a HP OfficeJet 4622. All colors except black print out on paper fine. The black starts to print ok, but then becomes spoty or quits in total. I have done the ink jet cleaning cycle and replaced with a new black cartridge. No improvement.

I did a print quality diagnostic again everything is fine except the black starts to print fine then just quits. I looked at the ink screen in the printer it appears clean.

Any ideas?

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 9 (712 Views)

Re: Black Ink not printing out HP 4622

Hi, is the printer in warranty?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
rimrock
Message 3 of 9 (709 Views)

Not under warranty.

Student
oldfatandbroke
Message 4 of 9 (704 Views)

Hello I see that another individual seems to have the same issue as I am having.  My printer works fine except the black color does not work.  I have cleaned the printer heads, several times.  I have also followed the steps given in the HP site.  My warranty expired last month.  My toner cartriges are brand new.  Any ideas on how I can fix this issue?

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 5 of 9 (684 Views)

@rimrock 

I'm going to send you a private message (check out envelope at top right)

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
rimrock
Message 6 of 9 (681 Views)

[ Edited ]

Printer Serial number: CN24P141GZ

HP Office Jet 4622

Received your private message and sent you an e-mail. E-mail was returned because you mail box was full

Regards

Oregon USA

Student
Speeltie
Message 7 of 9 (556 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same problem here. 

Any suggestion is welcome.

Student
sandcat
Message 8 of 9 (489 Views)

Re: Black Ink not printing out HP 4622 is there a fix besides buying new printer

I have a 4622 all in one printer and have replaced all ink cartridges with HP cartridges and black won't print.  What do I do/

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 9 of 9 (464 Views)

Re: Black Ink not printing out HP 4622 is there a fix besides buying new printer

sandcat,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I understand you are not able to print in black ink on your HP Officejet 4622, you have replaced the cartridge with no success.

I am not sure which troubleshooting steps you have completed already, so please continue here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages

If you are still unable to print in black ink, I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. I highly recommend you call our technical support at 800-474-6836, I trust they will be able to assist you regardless of the warranty status. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation